T2202A Certificates

The Tuition, Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate (T2202A) is no longer mailed out to students as it is now accessed through Registry OnLine Services.

Students do not have to include this form when filing their income tax. However, they can print a copy if needed for their records or to transfer credits to a third party. The form on Registry Online Services has been approved by the Canada Revenue Agency and the approval number is displayed on the form.

Current students can retrieve their certificates through Registry OnLine Services for Students. Email notification will be sent to your King’s email account when the forms are made available. To retrieve your certificate, after receiving the email notification, click the Current Students link (from the menu to the left), sign in, and select the "Obtain My Income Tax Receipt" link.

Alumni can retrieve their T2202A certificates through Registry Online Services for Alumni. This service requires a brief registration for which you will need your student ID. If you know your student ID, click the Alumni link (from the menu to the left), sign in, and select the "Obtain My Income Tax Receipt" link.
If you don’t remember your ID, email your name (noting any changes), birth date, and other identifying information to registrar@kingsu.ca. We will then email you the necessary login information.

Please note that Registry OnLine Services can provide applicable T2202A receipts for tax years of 2007 and newer. If you require a T2202A receipt for years prior to 2007 and/or you wish to pick up or have us mail you a receipt, you can download the T2202A Printed or Duplicate Tax Receipts form. As noted on the form, there is an associated fee.

Detailed information on tuition and months of attendance with regard to taxes can be found at the Canada Revenue Agency website. Also available on the Canada Revenue website is a helpful publication: P105 Students and Income Tax. Check it out!